Thursday, December 07, 2006

Let's Away!

Ok trendsetters, it finally looks like it is happening. Sailing today at 1730...

We had send off drinks last night at Custom's House, and it was a good opportunity for those who didn't already have a Hawaiian shirt to get one. The Hawthorn footy club were in town having a bad shirt night, and most were willing to give us their shirts when we asked (some were free, others cost a beer!)

Now we are just killing time before we head down to the wharf for all our final pre departure briefings. I want to say thanks to everyone who has left a message on my blog, please continue to do so - I'm still waiting for Keryn to leave me a message though :-)...

For the next 15 days there will be no updates as we don't have web access on the ship, but we do have access to emails. My email address when we are on the ship is slightly different to the one I am using now - instead of @aad.gov.au, on the ship it is @aurora.aad.gov.au (the first bit of the address is still the same). Please feel free to mail me.

Ok that's it for now, next post will be in a few weeks!

7 Comments:

Blogger Matt Carey said...

G'day mate,

All the best.

The magnitude of what you are doing is huge, " well done".

Hope all goes well!

Have fun,

Matt and Shoana.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Bon voyage son. You are finally on the last step to your great white adventure. I hope you find your sea legs soon and you get to enjoy the "cruise".

Lots of love,
Mum and Dad

1:55 AM  
Blogger vickimb said...

Hi "Paul Brendan"
yes it's me........have finally been able to access your blogs.
Wishing you all the best for this great adventure of yours.......I look forward to hearing all about it.
And yes......Liz and I will probably learn more about the antarctic than we ever thought we'd need too.
PS Watch out for the penguins.....they can be very smelly (I have that on good authority from one of my own "Happy Feet" black and whites)

all the best- enjoy your trip
Vicki :-)

3:36 PM  
Blogger llongoriao said...

I am new to blogging and I am wishing as many people as I can a "MERRY CHRISTMAS".
Love,
GRANNY

9:07 PM  
Blogger keryn said...

Hi Brendan. You shamed me into learning how to blog, your mum probably told you of my great love of computers (considering my daughter signed me up and is typing for me!!)

We all love reading your diary and hearing about your adventures. You can probably hear the "oos" and "arghs" coming from our office when we look at the sitreps of the voyage.

Take care and plenty of kwells for breaky.

Keryn (and Keeley)

3:20 AM  
Blogger the sutherlands said...

Hi Brendan,
My name is Lisa, I work with your Mum and my girls are Morgan and Paige. We just wanted to wish you all the best with your adventure.

We also wanted to let you know that you have been a topic of show and tell and your new name is "The man who is the son of the lady that works with Mum."

Wishing you all the best.

Lisa, Morgan and Paige.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Brendan... said...

hello people, thanks for all the messages. I am finally here!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home