Saturday, April 07, 2007

Early morning photos

I have taken a load of sunset pictures, so I decided it was time to start taking sunrise pictures. It's quite easy at the moment as I don't have to get up early to do it. Sunrise is at about 0900, which is quite a civilised hour for photography really. Currently, our days are getting shorter by about 11 minutes a day!

Now, this isn't exactly a sunrise picture, but I like the way that the first rays illuminate the big berg, whilst giving the smaller ones a blue tinge. I also like the optical illusion of the bergs floating above the ice.

Whilst taking photos from the wharf, I looked down and saw on of the seals in one of the breathing holes. This allowed me to get some close up shots. This big bloke couldn't have cared less that I was taking his photo.

An elephant seal having a breather

There aren't too many of the ellie seals left now that the ice has started to grow. We are down to less than 50, and by the end of the month they will all be gone for the winter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

COOL PHOTOS

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home