Sunday, July 08, 2007

Coke!!!

The traverse team got back during the week after nearly two weeks away. Unfortunately they weren't able to get to Amanda Bay to do the emperor penguin census as the sea ice wasn't deemed safe enough for travel by hagg. But by all accounts they had a great time visiting the Chinese at Zhong Shan and the Russians at Progress. The highlight for me wasn't the fact the traverse team were back (it was quite nice here with just 10 of us), it was that they had brought back a slab of coke cans from Zhong Shan. I haven't had real coke since I got on the boat. We have post mix down here, but it just isn't the same. Unfortunately most of them froze on the journey back so there aren't that many to go around, but I got one and I'm going to really enjoy it - when I finally convince myself that the time is right to drink it!
Coca Cola, Chinese style (at least I think that's what it says)
On a completely different note, the new Australian Antarctic Magazine is out (it's online only I believe) http://www.aad.gov.au/information/magazine. Check it out, there are a few interesting articles, including one about plumbing on ice featuring Jason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home