Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hydroponics

This week is my rostered week on in hydroponics. Because I'm known back at home for my very keen green thumb, I thought it would be a good idea for me to offer my expertise and help out in hydro. On a daily basis it's a pretty easy job - you just have to top up the water tanks and check the water for correct nutrients and also pH levels, and harvest anything that needs to be picked. We have to grow our own veggies cause there is such a lack of fresh stuff down here. We grow tomatoes, snow peas, beans, cucumber, zucchini, capsicum and lettuce (various varieties). We also grow various herbs including sage, coriander, mint and basil - that's what I am cutting in the picture below.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marney said...

Yeah we know how much of green thumb you have- I didn't know that Jim's mowing could make it to Antarctica!!

4:00 AM  
Blogger Bec said...

is that reefer growing in the back corner ? ha ha

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home