Sunday, July 29, 2007

On the roof again

On Friday, Yogi and I took advantage of the sunny conditions and minimal wind to get to a job I had been putting off for a while. A few weeks ago one of the exhaust cowls on the main power house roof froze up so we had to take it off to allow exhaust from the engines to escape. After a few modifications it was ready to go back up again. Conditions were excellent Friday at midday, so up we went. Looking out over the bay was pretty spectacular - all the icebergs were bathed in glorious sunshine. Not bad for just another day at work.


Yogi and I


Working on the exhaust cowl

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Hi Brendan...
Got your blog address from your uncle Peter. I am your American cousin. Last time I saw your father he must have been all of 12! Anyway, just wanted to let you know I am enjoying your Antarctic Adventures. If you ever get to the States, come stay with us.

Lorraine

7:05 AM  
Blogger Brendan... said...

Hi Lorraine!

How fantastic to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi. I'm glad you are enjoying reading what I am up to. I knew that a few people were keeping an eye on what I am up to, I just didn't realise I now had an international audience!

When I get home I'm pretty sure I will be going for a holiday somewhere, so I may just take you up on your offer!

Take care
Brendan

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home