Thursday, August 02, 2007

Water Testing

It seems that I am having trouble keeping my feet on the ground at the moment. Yesterday I was on top of one of our 600,oooL water storage tanks. Currently we are sampling and testing our drinking water for pH levels, and this involved taking samples from various places around station including the 600,000 tanks. Other samples were taken from our 68,500 tanks and at selected outlets in the SMQ and LQ. What I am holding in the picture is a highly technical piece of testing equipment - we call it "syringe on a stick". Like I said, highly technical stuff.
I'm looking forward to the next two days because I'm slushy for Friday and Saturday. Not only do I enjoy working in the kitchen, it also breaks up the usual work week which is a good thing. Saturday dinner this week will be a little different than the usual sit down meal as we are having a BBQ up in the dieso's workshop, so it should be quite a laid back evening.
I'm going to bed now, I'm tired after another night of smacking my head against a wall (roughly translated as: losing another night at chess). I'm currently 1-17-4, with the four being stalemates. Conversely, Annette's record is 17-1-4. I'm sure one of these days I'll have another win.
Or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home